Fiber Cabling - MPO/MPOptimate
The product range is a factory pre-terminated and tested solution with a high density MPO connector as the heart of the system.
Recent developments with this connector have resulted in a higher performance variant giving not only a lower loss, but also a higher return loss. This allows for multiple connections between transmission equipment, which is commonly used in data centers. The system is designed for the reliable and quick operations in data centers, where the obvious benefits are less space requirements and a much better scalability.
The MPOptimate system is intended for data center owners who are considering the implementation of a fully structured cabling system in accordance with ISO/IEC, EN or TIA standards, and who are looking for the most flexible pre-terminated MPO solution. With significantly improved optical parameters, the system allows different approaches today and preparation for the high speed data center applications of the future. Trends such as virtualization and switch consolidation by Super-Switches can be covered easily with the MPOptimate system. The MPOptimate system is the only system on the market which is able of covering today's and tomorrow's design and applications requirements.
Both systems are fully compliant with TIA/EI942, ISO/IEC 24764 and EN 50173-5, which are specific data center standards.
Key Facts MPO
- Fully supports all optical fiber applications within the Ethernet family
- Modular solution features reusable cassettes and cables and MPO assemblies
- High-density cabling saves pathway space with improved airflow compared to traditional cable bundles
- Excellent for partial section cabling in data centers
- MPO technology allows lower power consumption than common fiber systems
- Cables are pre-terminated in the factory to the correct length with high density connectivity
Key Facts MPOptimate
- Migration path to 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s applications
- MPOptimate assemblies are pre-terminated and 100% factory tested
- Allows different data center designs for channels with two to six cassettes
- Supports switch consolidation design with fewer electronic components
- Insertion loss 0,35 db max. per cassette
- Return loss > 35 dB (LC) and >28 dB (MPO)
- Allows a complete end-to end-standard compliant passive infrastructure