XG Cabling System
AMP NETCONNECT XG Cabling Solutions from Tyco Electronics provide a robust and reliable infrastructure for 10 Gb/s Ethernet applications using copper (twisted pair) or fiber.
The AMP NETCONNECT XG Copper Cabling System is based on Tyco Electronics' globally leading shielded technology. It combines quick and toolless termination (quicker than UTP solutions) with small size (smaller than UTP solutions) and exceeds the alien crosstalk requirements of ISO/IEC 11801 ed. 2.1 by design, making redundant the ANEXT testing after installation that is mandatory for UTP systems. The AMP NETCONNECT XG copper solution is fully compliant with the Class EA channel definition in ISO/IEC 11801 ed. 2.1.
The AMP NETCONNECT XG Fiber Optic Cabling System provides a flexible and robust multimode solution for 10GBASE-SR/SW as described in IEEE 802.3ae. The solution is based on OM3 fiber and is available with LC, SC, MT-RJ and MPO connectors, providing the widest selection of fiber optic connecting hardware in the industry. The fiber optic system cables are qualified with both laser and LED launch conditions, ensuring support of all existing and future applications for multimode fibers. Combined with the patented Optimized Physical Contact Technology (OPCT, guaranteed controlled physical contact between fiber optic connectors) for FO connectors, the system provides the highest margins available from any multimode fiber optic system.
System Performance summary & facts:
AMP NETCONNECT XG Cabling System - The Benefits:
- XG Copper benefits:
- Shielded Technology ensures smallest size and maximum EMC
- Meets ANEXT requirements by design
- Smallest size for cable and path cords
- Quick termination < 1 min.
- XG Fiber benefits:
- High quality OM3 fibered cable
- Quick termination fiber connectivity
- Wide range of FO connector selection
- Also available as MPO based pre-terminated solution
AMP NETCONNECT XG Cabling System - Performance Facts:
- XG Copper complies with:
- ISO/IEC 11801 ed. 2.1 Channel Class EA
- EN 50173-1 Channel Class EA
- TIA 568-B2-10 Cat. 6A Channel and PL
- XG Fiber complies with:
- All fiber optic channels defined by ISO/IEC 11801 2nd edition